Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Needle & Thread

Hi everyone!!! It has been a while since I posted, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to take that long. How is everything? We are doing great over here, specially because I have been chosen to be a Guest Stamper for our team, the Sweet Stampede, say what?!?! Yes!!! I was SO excited to be the winning gal for this month, so for the stamp set that I got to pick, I chose Needle & Thread! And I have to say, it was not one of my favorites, BUT, once I started creating I could not put down. I even have the next project ready! It's an easy one to create with and VERY versatile, loving it!!! ♥
For my first project, I decided to create a stationary box. I just LOVE stationary sets, like the ones that you buy with cards and envelopes? The ONLY thing I do not like is that you need to lift the entire set of cards to get an envelope. So I knew that I wanted to create something that it was easy to reach.

 
So this box measures 5.5 x 6 inches. You will need to cut your heavy cardstock to 8.5 x 9 1/8. Score at 1.5 on all sides as shown in the picture above.
 
 
Next, cut as shown above on the 9 1/8 sides. Apply glue and let it dry while you cut your panels for the box.
 
Here it is when is all ready!
 
 
Start cutting your DSP to:
4 pieces - 6 x 1.5 
4 pieces - 5.5 x 1.5 
1 piece - 5.5 x 6 (for the bottom)
And also:
1 piece of heavy cardstock plus 2 pieces of DSP - 4.5 x 5.5 score at 3.5 (this is the top of the box) rounded at one side
 
 
So unless you want the entire box to be one color don't worry about making sure you have coordinating colors for the inside. Since I love the color on the reverse side of this paper, I only used 2 sheets of DSP for the entire box with some leftovers!
Just make sure you glue the top BEFORE you glue the DSP down, that way it covers the flap.
 
Now, for the rest of the fun!
 I made a set of flat cards to have handy when I want to send a note to someone, that way also can be for ANY occasion! ;)
 
 
 
I also wanted to show you the possibilities! You can make it fancy with the scallop border, simple with just straight edges or a "little" fancy with rounded edges. I actually love them all! Which one is your favorite? 
 
Another view:
 
 
And what is a stationary set without envelopes, right? I made it very simple BECAUSE, I wanted to create sealing labels, which was one of my FAVORITE part of creating this entire set!! If you know me you know that I ALWAYS close my envelopes with a label, and I spend a fortune buying them, so why not make them? Simple but I loved it!!!
 
 
I simply stamped on sticker paper, die cut them and repositioned them back on the label sticker, on the part that the adhesive goes on. That way you can easily peel them off again when you need it. Easy peasy! And for the envelopes I just put a flock of butterflies on the front, so cute!
 
And here you can see it all together within easy reach for the envelopes, cards or labels! Love it!
 
 
 
 
And if you wish to give to someone special, here it is with a cute and simple tag! ♥
 
 
 
Alright, that's  all for me today, I hope you enjoyed todays project and that you come back again next week with another cutie for Needle & Thread!
 
Have a great day everybody!!
 
♥Alessandra
 
 
 



Product List:
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mini Catalog and New Tutorial!

Hi there everyone! Long time " no see", well, literally speaking. LOL! How are you all hanging in there? We are having a great Sum...